At 7:45 AM the knock came followed by a friendly, "Hello, you ready for us to shadow box your doors?"
I knew that they were coming so it was a no-brainer to say, "Sure." What a mistake. I had barely uttered the words when a SWAT team stormed into the house, removing the front door and pouncing on the the other patio doors.
BANG!! POW!!! SLAM!!!
Both Fergie and I had the same thought...."Shit, get me outta here!!!!" (Note, Erin missed all this fun since she was grubbin' it up in SF — see details from Ashlyn here.)
So, like any manly man in need...I called Mom. Thank God she had time to come and rescue Fergie at a moments notice. Some superpowers never leave a mom!
I didn't stick around either. As of last week, I am now an intern (yes, a 32 year-old intern, get over it) for State Representative Sue Schafer. So, I bolted to the Capitol to put in an honest, unpaid day's work.



No comments:
Post a Comment